Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ethan lost his first tooth!!

My baby (okay, he's almost SEVEN!) lost his first tooth yesterday!!! I have to admit that I shed a tear or two when it happened, though not in front of him. It seems like only yesterday that he was four months old I stuck my finger in his mouth and felt a tiny little tooth starting to poke through. The lifecycle of that tooth seems so short! I remember mourning that day as well... knowing I'd never see that gummy little smile anymore. Somehow, when they get the first tooth, it really changes them. They are a little less infant and a little more baby. And now here he is, losing that first tooth and my heart aches just a bit because I understand that once again, he has changed... he's hit another milestone... a little less "little boy" and a little more "big boy". Sniff, sniff.






The Tooth Fairy paid our home a visit last night. Ethan was so excited to put his tooth under his pillow. When he woke up the next morning, he came RUSHING into my room and roused me into a groggy state to exclaim excitedly, "THE TOOTH FAIRY CAME! SHE CAME! SHE CAME! AND SHE LEFT ME A DOLLAR!!" It was priceless! He has another tooth loose and is waiting for that one to fall out next. He won't really have a gap there though, because he already has two permanent teeth shoving their way in!

No comments:

Post a Comment