Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sick, sick, sick

The GI crud that's been going around made absolutely sure it shared itself with the Harris house. :-( It all started Tuesday when I got a call from the school nurse telling me I had to pick up Evan because he had puked everywhere. I didn't think too much of it because he and Ethan had gotten into a bag of candy that morning and I just figured he had overloaded on sugar. He has a sensitive tummy. Well, that theory got blown out of the water when he puked again... and then again. I believe the next day Ethan started puking. Overall, the boys had a pretty mild case. I can't say the same thing for myself...

I went to work feeling a little queasy. I mean a VERY little. I just felt sort of overly full. No biggie. As my work night progressed, I started feeling more and more uneasy. At about 4am, I told my charge nurse I thought I should leave because I could feel "something" brewing. She told me to go. Thankfully, we were busy. I left at 5am exactly. Thank goodness I live close. I crawled into bed at 5:17am. And at 7am, I ran to the bathroom. There I lived for the next couple of days. THANK HEAVENS Mike had taken those days as vacation days. I spent my 10th anniversary running between my bed and toilet. Fun. "In sickness and in health..." hahahaha. I hadn't recalled being that sick since I was pregnant with Ethan! I felt like a truck ran me over... and then backed up and ran over me a couple more times! UGH. Mike only got a touch of it. Mike took really great care of me. I lived on ice and jello for a couple of days. Then he went out and got me some hot pho and that really helped.

I am soooooo thankful that the sickness hit BEFORE our getaway! It would have been very sad if we had had to cancel that! Anyway, I guess this GI bug is making the rounds. I've heard many, many people talking about it. I'm just glad our household is DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment