Sunday, October 11, 2009

Yet more signs of autumn!

I have been loving blogging about autumn!! It's one of the prettiest times of the year. This year for some reason it's been even more exciting to me. The colors are more brilliant than I ever remember them being. We recently turned on the heat in our house (upper 30's at night now!). I also broke out the box of coats and scarves. I forgot how much I love scarf season!! We've indulged in hot chocolate, homemade soup, and apple juice. There is so much to love about fall.

Here is more evidence of autumn. Squirrels are busy gathering stores for the winter. The squirrel in the picture below carried that entire apple in its mouth, back to its home in the maple tree! And the spider caught a bee in its web and we watched it wrap the bee and then we watched the bee turn black as it got necrotic. The we watched that spider systematically eat that bee from the head down to the tail until the whole thing was GONE!




No comments:

Post a Comment