Sunday, June 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Mike!

We celebrated Mike's birthday this past Thursday on is actual birthday, June 4. The boys were REALLY excited to bake him a cake and blow up some balloons. For each person's birthday, I always ask them what kind of cake they want. Mike opted for one of his old standbys... lemon cake with cream cheese frosting. I lovingly obliged. Mike requested a square, 2-layer cake with frosting between layers. A cake BAKER I am... a cake DECORATOR I am NOT (as you will see from the photos). But that's okay... regardless of what it looks like, I got lots of ooohs and aaahs for the flavor! We baked it, frosted it, and loaded it with 41 candles in honor of the year. Later, Mike's brother David took him out to dinner. I had worked the night before and was dog tired, so this was nice for me.

I should also add here... that morning, Ethan called up Mike on the phone and as soon as Mike answered, he broke into the most heartfelt version of "Happy Birthday" either of us have ever heard. Mike said it was one of the most precious things in his life and brought tears to his eyes. Ethan is the most thoughtful boy... he LOVES to celebrate occasions and ALWAYS takes the time (several, several times a day) to wish that person well and tell them how much he loves them. I love him so much!

Happy Birthday Mike... I love you!!




No comments:

Post a Comment