Monday, December 29, 2008

Catching Up

I was perusing Aunt Barbara's blog today and felt inspired to get my tush in gear and get my own blog updated. As the year comes to a close, there are still a few things that need to be recorded!

~~Evan is in the running with Ethan for number of lost teeth! The interesting thing about having children 17 moths apart is that they lose teeth at the same time! The tooth fairy has been busy at our house!

~~Thanksgiving... We had a very quiet and pleasant Thanksgiving. We went to Mike's parent's house. For the first time in... um... forever I think... I didn't cook a THING! Typically, even if we go over there, I still make a meal for us here at home. I didn't this year and actually, it was kind of nice. In all fairness, I had planned on cooking a small turkey, but when Mike opened it up, it was most definitely rotten! Truth be told, I can't really say my feelings were hurt! I did have to work that night, but not until 11pm. We still have another turkey in the freezer for another time. We also have two hams saved up!

~~Work... speaking of work... The end of November and the beginning of December was a very, very sad time for me at work. We had 3 infant deaths in the course of ONE WEEK. UGH... it was very, very heart wrenching. I happened to be on duty as the nursery nurse for two of them. Truly, it makes your own stresses and problems look like a cake walk when you see parents grieve like this. With one of the deaths, the mother looked at me and asked, "How am I supposed to go home and tell my other children?" I'll write a separate entry about that.

~~Christmas Tree... We went out to our usual place for a Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. We always get our tree out at the Bowman Hilton farm, right on the Sumner/Orting border. They have the best trees and great prices. There will be a separate entry with pictures for that.

~~SNOW! And lots of it! Again... a separate entry with pictures!

~~Christmas. Believe it or not, I didn't even get out the camera. I just simply didn't feel like taking pictures. I think Mike got a couple. I'll have to upload his later on.

Now we are just counting down... only two days left of 2008. Is it just me or has the year gone by in record time????

EDITED 12/30/08: All of the above mentioned entries have now been written and back dated. See below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment