Sunday, March 29, 2009

Primary activity day - Easter

The ward primary activity day for Easter was held yesterday. I have worked weekends for so long that I don't think I've EVER made it to an Easter activity day. I've always seen it through the pictures that Mike has taken. It really made me happy to be able to attend this year. I worked the night before and had been asleep for a few hours. I REALLY didn't want to wake up. I was just SO tired. But I also wanted to be there for the activity and reminded me, "Come on Christina. You know you want to go!" So I got myself up and dressed and thankfully by the time I got there I was a lot more alive.

Everyone started out in the primary room. The Elders taught the Easter story to the primary children. I was impressed with the knowledge base of even the smallest of children.



After that, everyone split into groups and traveled around the building to different rooms where various games and activities were taking place. These included:

An egg race:


A potato sack race:


Bingo:



Musical chairs:


Guessing how many jellybeans are in the jar (940 if you're curious!)


And Pin the tie on the missionary:


Of course when all the games were done, it was time for the big Easter egg hunt! Unfortunately, we were not able to have it outdoors as usual. As I've said before, I think that mother nature might be a little bit confused about the seasons. Rather than giving us nice, spring-like weather, she gave us 38F with a rain/snow mix! But this is part of life in western Washington. Today, it's 50F and sunny and we love it! The kids scored a lot of sugar and they were of course quite happy about that! It was a very fun day and I'm so happy I got to be a part of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment