Monday, January 12, 2009

Mid January already?

How is it that the midway point of January is upon us already? Didn't we just open Christmas gifts? Goodness!

January 1 - Well, it's already been a busy year for us. As I mentioned in the previous entry, I had to work on New Year's Eve. It was a pretty uneventful shift. I was standing in my patient's room, doing a physical assessment on her when I looked up at the clock and saw that it was one minute past midnight. I looked at my patient and she looked at me and we wished each other a Happy New Year. Shortly after midnight, all the nurses gathered in the nurse's station. We poured sparkling cider into paper cups and toasted in the new year with each other. Mike took the boys and met up with Grandpa (Roy) and AJ and Nikki and took a ferry ride out to Bainbridge Island. They were able to watch the fireworks from out there. I'll add some pictures as soon as I upload them from Mike's camera.

January 5 - School was back in session! It snowed again the night before and we were all wondering if they would cancel school yet AGAIN! Winter break was basically 3 weeks instead of 2 because of all the snow. I wonder how long they will be in school. The last day is supposed to be June 11 (Evan's birthday!) but I have a feeling school will be extended, especially if they lose any other days.

January 7 - We got up VERY early and took Mike to work. He was leaving for a business trip to Las Vegas that afternoon so we drove him to work so he wouldn't have to bring a vehicle home first. We stopped for breakfast and then dropped him off. Oh, I should mention that a few hours previously, I finished reading Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows, the 7th and final installment in the Harry Potter series. WOW... amazing ride. I think Harry Potter actually deserves its own entry!

Anyway... the boys said a teary goodbye to their dad as we dropped him off. Well, Ethan was teary. Poor guy... he was so emotional. He was sort of teary in the car but by the time we got home, he was a mess. I got him calmed down and then he wasn't so sad after that. Since we'd been up SO early, the boys were dog tired and I kept Evan home from afternoon kindergarten. Poor Evan was asleep by about 7pm that night.

January 8 - Missing Mike!

January 9 - Missing Mike!

January 10 - Still missing Mike! I spent most of the day cleaning up the house and running through massive amounts of laundry and changing bed linens. Then grandma came over to watch the boys while I went to work. Mike got home around 10:30pm and I didn't even get to see him because I'd already been at work for a few hours.

Now January 10 is also a special day. It was my official "due date" when I was pregnant with Ethan. Someone at work said to me, "How do you remember your due date?" I answered, "Hey, when you are pregnant and puking and terribly uncomfortable, your entire life hinges on that date!" Hahahaha... it's really true. Anyway... 7 years ago I was very large and very uncomfortable. I couldn't imagine being pregnant for another second! Thankfully, we greeted our sweet boy just three days later, but not until after a LOT of hard work. I think it was the hardest work I've ever done in my life.

January 11 - I slept all day because I'd worked all night and was supposed to go back to work last night. Well, after sleeping ALL day, they called me at a little past 5 to tell me I'd be on stand-by. Mike took the boys to church and Ethan got to read the scripture in primary...

Psalms 82:6

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are achildren of the most High.

Next week, Evan gets to give a talk in primary around the theme of "I am a spirit child of Heavenly Father."

That brings us up to speed I think. Ethan's birthday is TOMORROW! I'm so excited but I can hardly believe my baby will be 7 years old! SEVEN! WOW! How on earth did seven years go so quickly?

No comments:

Post a Comment