Thursday, March 20, 2008

The First Presidency - A New Portrait


Here is the official portrait of our new First Presidency: Our beloved prophet, President Thomas S. Monson and his counselors, President Henry B. Eyring and President Dieter F. Uchtdorf. What a beautiful picture! As I look at this portrait, it is very easy to see the light of God shining on each of their faces and in their eyes as well. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that these men are called of God to lead our church today.

My testimony was strengthened today, just by looking at this picture. If we follow the counsel of these men and we follow Christ, it doesn't matter what trials we are asked to face... ultimately all will be well. I want to get this picture framed. In my mind I can hear the choir singing...


We thank thee, O God, for a prophet
To guide us in these latter days.
We thank thee for sending the gospel
To lighten our minds with its rays.
We thank thee for every blessing
Bestowed by thy bounteous hand.
We feel it a pleasure to serve thee
And love to obey thy command.



No comments:

Post a Comment