Saturday, March 22, 2008

What to do with Mr. Skunk


For a long time now, we've had a serious problem with... ahem... eau de skunk... YUCK! We got a reprieve in the winter but now that spring has officially sprung, so too have the skunks. We were greeted some days ago with that all-too familiar odor. We are pretty sure that one or more are living under our deck. We are tired of it. After seeking opinions on the matter, we decided to trap it in a humane trap. Well, the good news is that we caught one. (And let me just say for the record that these creatures are more monstrous than I ever imagined. When I think of a skunk, I think of a little furry thing... like the size of a squirrel... you know, a little thing hopping around in Bambi. I was NOT prepared for an animal this big. I had to take several long looks into the cage because I wasn't sure if we'd caught a stray cat or a skunk. After it raised its head for a second, I realized it was indeed a skunk... a very LARGE skunk!)

I mentioned the good news above... but good news always keeps company with bad... what the heck are we supposed to do with it now? I called King County animal control. They don't deal with wildlife. Only domestic problems. They refer wildlife out to the department of fish and wildlife. Couldn't find a number on their site to save my life. I called Mike and told him. I don't know. All I know right now is that I'm DEAD... been up since yesterday morning, worked all night and work again tonight. So I need SLEEP. I'll post an update when there is something to update!

No comments:

Post a Comment