Friday, May 22, 2009

Leavenworth or bust!!

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! We are officially off to Leavenworth in 15 hours! We'll be camping out there for Memorial Day weekend. We're excited to be meeting up with Jon and Kreanna for this camping adventure. One of the blessings that came out of Aunt Barbara and Uncle Phil's 50th wedding anniversary celebration is that we were able to reconnect with family that we haven't seen in a really long time. We hadn't seen Jon and Kreanna since we attended their wedding back in June of '99!! SHAME ON US for allowing ten years to go by. I can guarantee that won't happen again. We decided to go camping with them this weekend and I think we've all expressed how excited we are about that. I'm just really, really ready to say goodbye to the clouds for awhile and soak up some sunshine!

We're going to Leavenworth, which is a beautiful little Bavarian-themed town just on the other side of the mountains. I've only been there once but it was in the winter a few years ago. Leavenworth is actually a very popular winter destination. There is skiing on the way there and then a lot of fun holiday things to do in the town. They have a huge tree lighting ceremony each year. The entire town gets decked out for Christmas. But I've never basked in its spring and summer glory and I'm really excited to be over there at this time of year. We are looking forward to LOTS of sunshine (the weather forecast is for 80s and sun! Yay!) and LOTS of time in the water. We'll be camping right near the Wenatchee River. And yes, I can also admit that despite the fact that we will be camping, I'm also looking forward to some really good German food, for which Leavenworth is well known! I'm so happy!

The car is totally packed except for a few last-minute items such as food, blankets, pillows, and toiletries. Otherwise we are ready. The boys and I will meet Mike at work in Renton when he gets off and then head over. I think we've decided to go via I-90 since it's right near where we'll be. It should be a gorgeous drive.

So I'll be back with lots of pictures and tales to tell. Look out Leavenworth... the Harris's and Hartmans are coming!!


1 comment:

  1. You're right...Leavenworth is gorgeous! Have a fantastic time...can't wait to hear a full report and see pictures when you return!!

    ReplyDelete