Friday, May 15, 2009

Mother's Day

I had the BEST Mother's Day... spoiled rotten! Mike got up with the boys early on Sunday. This was a huge sacrifice on his part because he typically sleeps in on Sundays. He is up before 5am during the week. I got to sleep to my heart's content. When I woke up, I didn't get out of bed. Instead, I stayed there and read a novel. A little while later, my door opened and I was greeted by my three guys with a tray of breakfast served in bed. I got Mike's famous French Toast with real maple syrup (served on the side, just the way I like it!) and Mike's other specialty... sausage croissant rolls! I had orange juice and even chocolates were served. I ate until I couldn't eat another bite! I got the BEST card... GIGANTIC sized! Later on I'll add a photo. The guys made this for me... they each drew me a beautiful picture and wrote in it. Plus, I got a book I've been wanting called Weird Washington. After I ate breakfast, I read some more and then fell back asleep! I woke up with just enough time to get ready for church.

Evan and Mike stayed home from church but Ethan and I attended sacrament meeting. Ethan got up and sang with the primary for Mother's Day. I couldn't help but shed a tear or two over that. It never gets old seeing your child up on the stand singing!

It was a wonderful day and I feel so spoiled. The boys continuously said, "Happy Mother's day mom! I love you!" all day long. I'm truly the luckiest mom alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment