Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Another perfect beach day!

Well it was another perfect day in paradise again yesterday. I worked Sunday night so I knew I'd be tired on Monday. I kept Evan home from school. I know there are a lot of people who would scoff at me for doing that, but we get SO few days like this in Washington and I do believe it's important to get out and enjoy when we can. He's in kindergarten, for heaven's sake. So I kept him home. I crashed out on the couch for a couple of hours and then we packed up and headed out. We went back to the Dumas Bay Park Nature Preserve. When we first got there, we OWNED the place. We were literally the only car in the lot and the only people on the beach. It was SO peaceful and serene. Later other people came, but there were never more than about 10 of us there at any given time. We stayed a good three hours and just had fun. I read a novel and took pictures while the boys played in the sand. The sun was SO invigorating.

Here are some pictures that I took. I am experimenting with this format. I downloaded Picasa for Mac last night and I've been playing. I'll see how this looks. If I don't like it, I'll go back to traditional uploading. Heck, I might end up doing that anyway since I want to turn this into a book. I don't know if this format will translate into single pictures when I use book loading software. Oh well... I'll just have to play around with it. I may be back to edit this entry! For now, this method is a LOT faster for writing blog entries which makes it more likely that I'll keep up with the blogging in a more timely manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment