Monday, April 27, 2009

Swine Flu Pandemic - Part 1

Okay, Teresa has inspired me to start writing about this topic. (Thanks Teresa!) This swine flu pandemic has a lot of people in a panic. I don't necessarily think it's something we need to panic over though. So I've decided that I'd start writing about what I've learned about illness and caring for our bodies. I do believe there are things we can do and resources at our fingertips to help us in staving off these offenders. But you won't hear about them at your local doctor's office.

I don't have a lot of time right now to get into it all, but I would like to start by sharing a scripture to ponder. When President Hinckley (I miss that man!) challenged us to read the Book of Mormon all the way through, I took that challenge very seriously. There was a scripture that popped out at me while I was reading Alma and it warmed my heart. I have been studying natural healing rememdies for a long time now and this really confirmed what I had been studying about. So I leave you with this scripture from Alma 46:40. I'll be back in the coming days with more specific things.

40 And there were some who died with fevers, which at some seasons of the year were very frequent in the land - but not so much so with fevers, because of the excellent qualities of the many plants and roots which God had prepared to remove the cause of diseases, to which men were subject by the nature of the climate-

No comments:

Post a Comment