Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ethan's Primary talk

Ethan had the honor of giving the talk in junior primary today. What a fun day to be able to give a talk! I wanted to include a copy of his talk here. Mike and I were SO proud of him. I stood by him, mainly to hold up some pictures. I held up a picture of the tomb and a picture of Mary Magdalene at the appropriate times in his talk. But he got up and read the entire thing by himself! He only needed my help while reading the scripture out of the New Testament because the print was small and I just had to hold my fingers so he wouldn't lose his place. He did a great job! Here is his talk:

Brothers and sisters, Happy Easter! Today we celebrate the resurrection of our savior.

Jesus Christ made it possible for me to live with Heavenly Father again.
When Jesus died, his body was placed in a tomb and a big stone was rolled in front of the door of the tomb. After three days, the stone was rolled away. Jesus was not there. He had risen! Jesus had been resurrected.

Being resurrected means that Jesus’ body and spirit were together again and would never be separated again.

The third article of faith says:

“We believe that through the atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel.”

Because of the atonement of Christ, all mankind can be resurrected again, including me! This is how Jesus Christ made it possible for me to live with Heavenly Father again.

John 3:16 says: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (Note: Ethan read this directly from the scriptures and not from paper.)

I have a testimony that Jesus Christ is my savior and that through his atoning sacrifice, I can live with Heavenly Father again.

I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment