Monday, April 7, 2008

Popovers and Puff Pancakes

I found a blog entry on another blog about making puff pancakes with children. I thought it would be a great idea and something super easy the kids could help with. I had no idea how much fun this would be... or how addictive! They are ridiculously easy to make and super versatile. As I've shown in the pictures below, we ate them with powdered sugar and real maple syrup drizzled on them. After making them for about the fourth day in a row, I had some leftovers and hid them from the kids. That night, I made a homemade chocolate sauce. I scooped some yummy vanilla ice cream into each puff and then drizzled the homemade syrup over them. I didn't get any pictures of that! But I sure got a lot of "ooo" and "aaahh" comments, along with lots of comments such as "This is the best dessert ever Mom!" and "This is the best sundae I've ever had!" I think I'll make them again...









No comments:

Post a Comment